Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first real wormwood made up of Absinthe to become legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are
needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, that had been developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other classic Absinthe herbs. Additional information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise along with other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe comprised huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles indicated that they will all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid includes a very special black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In line with the Lucid website it can be bought across the United States this means you must be able to buy it from your local liquor store. You possibly can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also has a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another great means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA should be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There is a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are manufactured from an alcohol base that is distilled with top-quality herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are incredibly economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that produces a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a fantastic buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence along with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great option to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to work with too.