Absinthe has become legal in most countries and you could even buy Absinthe in the United States. This has sparked off a renewed fascination with Absinthe and a new generation is wondering how to get Absinthe.
Absinthe is actually a strong liquor which is produced by distilling alcohol with a recipe of natural herbs. Traditional herbs utilized in Absinthe manufacture comprise of common wormwood, also referred to as grande wormwood or artemisia absinthum, aniseed and fennel. The aniseed gives the Absinthe its well-known anise or licorice flavor as well as the wormwood provides the drink a good sharp edge of bitterness. Wormwood sports a chemical called thujone that was thought to be psychoactive and also to cause psychedelic effects. It was claimed that Absinthe contained large amounts of thujone so it was banned in early 1900s. Research and tests showed that Absinthe actually only contained very tiny quantities of thujone, not enough to result in any effect whatsoever, and so the drink was yet again legalized in most countries.
To achieve the real taste of Absinthe you should buy an Absinthe which contains wormwood. You shouldn’t be conned by the many fake Absinthes or substitute Absinthes – you’ll need authentic wormwood Absinthe.
How to get Absinthe containing wormwood
Here are a few buying guidelines to help you purchase a true Absinthe:-
– Create your own from a kit. AbsintheKit.com sell absinthekits which contain an Absinthe essence, a plastic measure and 14 imaginative bottle labels. The kit costs $29 and it contains enough essence to produce 14 bottles of absinthe. Unlike steeping kits, the kits from AbsintheKit happen to be distilled so, whenever you mix them with vodka or Everclear, you get a true Absinthe. The essences contain the traditional Absinthe herbs, such as wormwood, and are an economical strategy for getting a actual wormwood Absinthe.
– Inform yourself regarding Absinthe online. Use the Buyer’s Guide on sites like lafeeverte.net to read up about Absinthes and also to read reviews on certain brands.
– Make sure that the Absinthe consists of wormwood rather than just southernwood or roman wormwood. The Absinthe also needs to comprise anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth are wormwood bitters, not true Absinthe, because they are anise free.
– Shop around and do a price comparison.
– Buy brands produced by reputable distillers and look for Absinthes that have won awards.
How to get Absinthe timeless classic
Take a look at a few Absinthes that you might want to consider trying. All of them are real wormwood Absinthes.
– AbsintheKit.com Absinthe Classics essence – This essence produces a classic “verte” or green Absinthe that louches magnificently.
– The Jade Collection – This variety of vintage style Absinthes are distilled by Ted Breaux in France. They already have won awards and have absolutely got a lot of good reviews and write-ups on the web.
– Mari Mayans 70 – A Spanish Absinthe (Absenta). This collectors 70 edition has earned awards and has been created in Ibiza since 1880. Absinthe has never been restricted in Spain so this Absinthe has long been in production.
– Sebor – A Czech Absinth containing both wormwood and anise. It’s a well-known Czech brand with a great reputation.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original – A Czech Absinthe which is based on a 200 yr old Swiss recipe.
– Absinthe Roquete 1797 – This French Absinthe is founded on an authentic eighteenth century recipe and is distilled in nineteenth century alambics.
Other noteworthy Absinthes are La Ptite Douce, Absinthe La Clandestine, Doubs Mystique Carte’Or, Absinthe Duplais and Lucid, which is easily obtainable in the USA.
When you have bought your best Absinthe make sure to stick to the Ritual and to use an Absinthe glass and slotted spoon. Replicas of antique glasses and spoons can be acquired from AbsintheKit.com.
Now you know how to get Absinthe, enjoy the taste of the Green Fairy.